Matadero’s Centre for Artists in Residence, and LOOP, through an agreement with Fabra i Coats and Centre d’Arts Santa Mònica offer this joint call, which has the specific goals of providing work space, economic resources, institutional support and international visibility to a curator from any background.
The residency is divided into two periods: an initial stay in Barcelona in May, supported and managed by LOOP in partnership with Fabra i Coats: Fábrica de Creación and Centre d’Arts Santa Mònica, and a second stay in Madrid in June, managed by the Matadero Centre for Artists in Residence. As a result of the residency, the curator will take part in an exhibition around the idea of ‘Home’ as the central axis, to be held at Centre d’Arts Santa Mònica in September 2022.
Accordingly, this initiative aims to:
- Promote the professional development of art curators.
- Provide curators who are interested in the local context with institutional support and spatial and economic resources to facilitate their research.
- Establish a context of backing and training so that the purpose of the residency sees the light of day in the best possible conditions.
- Establish connections between the various players in the city’s art scene, the institution and the public
- Dissemination and internationalisation of the selected curator’s work through presentation of the research undertaken during the residency, leading to collaboration within an exhibition at the Centre d’Arts Santa Mònica in September 2022.
The residency provides:
- Travel and accommodation - travel from their place of residence to Barcelona, from Barcelona to Madrid, and from Madrid to the beneficiary’s usual place of residence.
- Accommodation in Barcelona during May and accommodation in Madrid during June.
- €3000 (subject to applicable taxes and/or withholdings) as a residency allowance.
Until 7 march 2022
More info and apply here