The Unsolicited Proposal Program is a democratic selection process where an international jury from diverse backgrounds votes on which exhibitions will be presented at apexart. The focus is on creativity and the strength of the idea, not on an individual's CV or past accomplishments. To that end, apexart removes submitters' names, biographical information, and any supporting links from proposals so that the jury only votes on the text that describes the exhibition idea. Started in 1998, the Unsolicited Proposal Program is open to anyone from anywhere in the world. Submit your idea in 500 words or less between October 1 - 31, 2015 to be considered for an exhibition in our 2016-17 Exhibition Season.
SUBMIT: OCTOBER 1 - 31, 2015
- apexart's Unsolicited Proposal Program is an opportunity for anyone, from anywhere, to submit a proposal for an idea-based exhibition to be presented at apexart.
- Submit a 500-word essay describing your exhibition idea.
- Three winning proposals will be presented at apexart in New York City as part of our 2016-17 season.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
- apexart assembles an international jury of 150 individuals from all backgrounds.
- Jurors vote online and can only see the text of the proposal; curator names and any biographical information or links are removed.
- apexart’s custom-made crowdsourcing PHP script ensures that each proposal is read the same number of times, though by different jurors and in a different order.
- Our php script aggregates all votes, determining the three proposals with the highest scores.
- Winners receive a budget, curatorial honorarium, and administrative support to mount their exhibitions at apexart in NYC.
MORE INFO: http://apexart.org/unsolicited.php