Organised by Hong Kong Arts Centre, ifva is an Incubator for Film and Visual media in Asia (formerly the Hong Kong Independent Short Film and Video Awards). Founded in 1995, ifva serves as a platform that actively promotes and encourages creative talents in Asia, making short films, videos, animation and media art.
The ifva Awards is divided into several categories, including Open, Youth, Animation, Media Art and Asian New Force. As in previous years, ifva now accepts entries for short films and animation from Asian countries and expands this year to the media arts as well. The change comes about with the diversification for nationalities in the hope that more media artists will be able to join the ifva platform.
All finalist works will be showcased in “The 20th ifva Festival during March 2015. Roundtrip flight tickets will be partially subsidised and hotel accommodation will be provided to visit Hong Kong for “The 20th ifva Festival”. Attractive prizes will be offered to the award winners.
The categories which accept the entries from Asia:
1. Asian New Force Category
- accept Short films and animations
- Any type of film and animation (including fiction, documentary, experimental, except commercials) are all welcome
2. Media Art Category - Asia Division
- accept Media artworks
- Media Art works can be in all forms and formats. Digital art, interactive media, computer game, sound art, kinetic art and any other time-based installation are all welcome
* For the details, please refer to Details and Regulations: http://www.ifva.com/2014/lib/pdf/regulations_en.pdf
Organizer：ifva, Hong Kong Arts Centre